Each year the High Performance Committee establishes selection criteria governing the composition and selection of teams that will represent Canada in international competition. This criteria is based on CCC's Policy And Procedures For National Ski Team Selection, Nomination And Announcement document.
The objectives of establishing criteria are to ensure that:
- athletes and teams representing Canada in cross-country skiing are credible and competitive;
- a successful high performance program is sustained over the mid and long term; and
- athletes receive the required information in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
Criteria are intended to state the requirements and standards – both objective and subjective – which will be applied in the selection process, and how they will be applied. In general, selection of athletes and support to selected athletes will be prioritized based on: objective measurements – results achieved in specified races, as measured against international standards through the Canadian Points List (CPL) or Fédération Internationale de Ski (FIS) points; and subjective assessments – relating to an athlete’s commitment, assessed potential and ability to perform and contribute in a team context.
Other factors which will be considered in the selection process are:
2017-18 NST-PNST Team Selection Criteria
2016-17 National Ski Team Competition Trips Selection Criteria
- the Cross Country Canada (CCC) Strategic Plan to 2018(+) page 11
- the HP Operational Plan 2013/14 – in particular, the Program Philosophy and Program Operating Principles
- the NST Budget, which may be a limiting factor.
2016-17 FIS Continental Cup Series (COC) Selection Criteria
Summary IPB Revised 2015
FIS Qualification System for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games Pyeong Chang 2018