Cross Country BC (CCBC), the Provincial Sport Organization for cross-country skiing in British Columbia is currently seeking to fill the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
The successful candidate will work out of the provincial office which is located in Vernon, BC or from Vancouver, BC.
General Responsibilities. The position provides support in the ongoing development and management of the organization’s marketing and communications initiatives;
A successful candidate should possess:
· Post secondary education in Sport Administration, Business, Marketing or a combination of related education and experience.
· Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft software programs, graphics software and experience with web site management and web maintenance.
· The ability to work with a high degree of independence in a very fast-paced environment and respond quickly and efficiently to inquiries.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
· The ability to work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization.
· The ability to produce polished communication in written and oral form.
· Direct experience or a strong understanding of the sport of cross-country skiing (highly desirable).
· Willingness to work some overtime and weekends in the peak seasons.
This is a new position that will begin as a half-time. Starting salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
A job description is available on request.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application, with CV and three references, submitted by e-mail to:
Cross Country BC
c/o Megan Payne
CCBC Office Coordinator
Only individuals receiving an interview will be contacted.