There is a strong consensus that the following values articulate “what is really important” within CCC as a community of individuals and organizations possessing a common vision:
- Excellence – At every level of involvement in our sport, we are committed to the achievement of excellence.
- Mutual Respect – We respect the accomplishments and aspirations of all members of the community. We recognize, take pride in and celebrate successful results.
- Teamwork – CCC functions on the basis of inclusion. We respect the principles of volunteerism and consensus, and acknowledge that the integrated efforts of the entire community are essential if CCC’s Vision is to be achieved.
- Participation – Active participation in the healthy life-style of cross-country skiing is a common denominator within our community.
- Fairness and Equity – We adhere to ethical conduct and fair practices in all endeavours. We are committed to the operation of a sport community in which gender neutrality and universal access are givens. We are a member of the True Sport movement.
- Integrity and Accountability – We are honest and forthright in our conduct, striving to “do the right thing” and accepting accountability for our actions
- Member-Centredness – Members of CCC believe that involvement in our sport can be a positive force in society. We are committed to operating our community in a way that supports the interests and development of its members.
CCC’s Norms of Behaviour
- WE are CCC; there is no THEM within us.
- WE hear and respect each other’s opinions.
- WE support decisions made collaboratively through due process.
- WE confront problems directly without dissimulation.
- WE are frank and open in communication.
- WE share the work; WE complete what WE have committed to do.