We are currently looking for a camp attendant to join our WinSport Canada team. The camp attendant is responsible for a variety of duties in relation to the operation of the Nordic Sport Program at the Haig Glacier. This role is based out of the Bill Warren Training Centre in Canmore and the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on the Haig Glacier.
Responsibilities could include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordinate and facilitate the Nordic Program at the Beckie Scott High Performance Training Centre on the Haig Glacier.
- Ensure the facilities are maintained in a safe and clean condition according to applicable health and safety standards and WinSport Canada policy.
- Provide all housekeeping, cleaning, grooming and meal preparation services.
- Monitor the various mechanical, water and electrical systems and repair or report as required.
- Ensure the safety of athletes and coaches while at camp and on the glacier.
- Ensure effective communication with WinSport Canada staff based at the BWTC.
- Contribute to the creation and projection of a WinSport Canada image characterized by inclusiveness, integrity, reliability, respect, courtesy, openness and commitment to excellence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced first aid and CPR certifications. (Winsport will cover this)
- Strong Work Ethic
- Strong knowledge of Nordic Sport requirements. Grooming and track setting.
- Remote camp, food preparation and facility experience.
- Experience in mountain and glacial environments.
- Proven communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Maintenance and mechanical aptitude
This unique opportunity offers a competitive wage and includes the cost of accommodations and food while working at the Haig Glacier, the typical shifts are two weeks on and one week off, from mid-june to september.
For additional information or to apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter to [email protected]