National Team Development Centre – Thunder Bay
The National Team Development Centre (NTDC) – Thunder Bay is one of Canada’s national sanctioned cross-country ski centres, operating as a development team within the framework of Cross Country Canada.
The Assistant Coach will join our Head Coach in providing a world-class training environment and high-performance structure for 10-20 of Canada’s present and future World Cup athletes. As one of two coaching staff, you will be an integral part of the success of the NTDC-TBAY program.
The successful applicant will have:
- 3+ years coaching experience
- Minimum NCCP training/certification Train2Train (CCD preferred) or equivalent training and experience
- Strong technical knowledge and analysis of cross-country skiing
- Demonstrated competence in race wax selection, application, and testing
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent race support abilities
- Ability to present and write effectively
- Outstanding organization and time management
- Sufficient personal ski technique and fitness
- Computer competency (spreadsheets, word processing, database management, video transfer, web page maintenance)
- Degree in kinesiology, physiology, coaching, or related field an asset
- Ontario F-class drivers licence (or ability to obtain within first month)
PLEASE SEE THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AT http://www.ntdctbay.ca/2017/03/18/full-time-job-opportunity/
Application deadline: Monday April 3, 2017
Anticipated start date: April 24, 2017 (negotiable)
Salary commensurate with experience and education
Comprehensive health benefits package provided
Apply with a resume, cover letter, and reference contact information.
Email documents as a single PDF to: [email protected]